In this section of the website the municipality will inform residents of the different grants available to them.
In addition, we will also inform residents of the various grants that the municipality has obtained for various projects.
Grants available to residents and associations :
- New Horizons for Seniors : https://www.canada.ca/en/
- Organisations whose projects or activities on the Pontiac territory can receive donations or sponsorships from the MRC Pontiac http://www.mrcpontiac.qc.ca/en/programs/donations-and-sponsorships/
- Regions Support Fund (FARR) http://www.mrcpontiac.qc.ca/
- Territories Development Fund aims to create and maintain jobs and promote the revitalization of living environments in various sectors. This fund is operated by the MRC Pontiac following an agreement with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Land Occupancy (MAMOT). There are two parts :
- Growth Generating Projects : http://www.mrcpontiac.qc.ca/en/programs/territory-development-fund-fdt/growth-generating-projects/
- Business support : http://www.mrcpontiac.qc.ca/en/programs/entrepreneurs/
- Residential Adaptation Program is offered by the MRC Pontiac and aims to adapt the home so that a person with a disability can perform their daily routines : http://www.mrcpontiac.qc.ca/en/programs/residential-adaptation-assistance-program/
- RénoRégion is a financial assistance program offered by the Société d'habitations du Québec. This fund allows low-income homeowners to carry out renovations at their residence : http://www.mrcpontiac.qc.ca/en/programs/renoregion/
Grants awarded to the municipality :
- The municipality has been awarded funding by the Canada Summer Jobs program for 2018 to hire a student for 6 weeks.
- The municipality has obtained a grant from Éco Entreprises Québec (EEQ) to purchase 3 garbage bins with compartments that will be installed at Henry Heeney Memorial Park, Volunteer Park and mailboxes.
- The municipality obtained the Gas Tax Grant and with this Grant the municipality has put gravel on the Cawood road and Cawood Ouest road, and have paved 2.7 km on Harrison Road