Taxes and budget
- Dates for the 4 installments for payment of municipal taxes:
- April 15, 2023
- June 15, 2023
- August 15, 2023
- October 15, 2023
- All payments received after the due date will have an interest charge of 8% per annum.
- A 30$ administrative fee will be applied to all NSF cheques.
- You can also pay your taxes online at the following banking institutions:
- Caisse populaire, Desjardins (Quebec only)
- Banque nationale
- We accept cheques, cash or money orders and we are pleased to announce that we now accept debit and credit card payments at the municipal office. Please note that there is a fee of 1.55% of the total amount for credit card transactions only.
- Please note we are now a Council without paper. We are no longer sending a receipt in the mail; you may request an e-mail copy or pick up a paper copy at the office. We will be sending a statement of account in November to any rate-payers who have an outstanding balance.
- Please note that if you are paying your taxes with your mortgage, it is your responsibility to give a copy of your tax bill to your Financial Institution.
- Please notify the Municipality when there is an address change. Failure to receive a tax bill will not be an acceptable excuse to waive interest charges.
- Here is a the 2023 Municipal Budget
The new 3 year triennial role (2022-2023-2024) for Alleyn-et-Cawood was deposited by the FQM (signed assessor for the MRC Pontiac). Your 2022 taxation will be based upon these new values.
The assessment roll is reviewed every three years to eliminate, as much as possible, any discrepancies between the market value of a property and the value entered on the roll.
The appraiser bases the value on what the market value of the property was 18 months prior to the effective date of the roll, e.g. the value on July 1, 2020 for the roll effective January 1, 2022. This value represents the most probable price a buyer could pay for the property in a normal private sale.
The assessor uses all the information available to him (data collected demonstrating true cost of construction, all sales contracts, etc) to apply factors to the existing evaluation on the role, to ensure that the values are as accurate and current as possible, by performing a thorough market analysis and taking into consideration market tendencies.
If you would like to contest, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with the process, which must be done by April 30, 2022.
Please visit this link for the 2022-2023-2024 Triennial Assessments