2021 Municipal Election
Click on this link for Public Notice of Election 2021
Click on this link for the list of candidates of the 2021 Municipal Election and the results: https://www.electionsquebec.qc.ca/municipales/en/candidates.html
Qualified voter at an election
Qualified elector at a general election or a by-election
To be a qualified elector, you must:
- be 18 years old on polling day,
- September 1 in the year of a general election, or at the time of a by-election, at the date on which the writ of election is published:
- be a Canadian citizen;
- not be under curatorship;
- not have been found guilty of an offence that is a corrupt electoral practice;
And at that same date (September 1st or date of publication of the notice of election), you must meet one of the following two conditions:
- be domiciled in the municipality and have been domiciled in Québec for at least six months;
- have been, for at least 12 months, the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment situated on the territory of the municipality.
An elector who is not domiciled in the municipality, but who is the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment situated on the territory of the municipality, must transmit a signed writing to the municipality asking to have his name added to the list of electors.
Persons who are co-owners of an immovable or co-occupants of a business establishment must designate from among themselves, by means of a power of attorney sent to the municipality, only one person who can be entered on the list of electors.
Information provided by: https://www.electionsquebec.qc.ca/english/municipal/list-of-electors/conditions-for-exercising-your-right-to-vote.php